Potato pancakes or potato pancakes are simply some of the kitchen classics. Our ingenious variant, however, works entirely without potatoes.
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 500 g zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 eggs (size M)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of tender oatmeal
- salt, pepper from the mill
- lemon juice
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil for frying
1. Wash and clean the zucchini, finely grate and season with salt. Let the zucchini grated steep for about ten minutes. In the meantime, peel the carrot and grate it finely. Wash, clean and finely dice the spring onions. Wash and clean the peppers and also cut into fine cubes. Rinse the thyme and shake dry. Put a branch aside. Remove the leaves from the remaining twigs and roughly chop them.
2. Squeeze out the courgette grated well. Mix with the prepared vegetables, eggs, starch, parsley and chopped thyme. Mix in enough oatmeal to create a soft, dough-like mass. Season everything with salt, pepper, lemon juice and nutmeg.
3. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Using a tablespoon, remove small heaps from the zucchini mixture, place in the pan, flatten slightly and fry until golden brown on each side for two to three minutes. Remove the buffers, let them drain briefly on kitchen paper and keep warm. Bake further buffers in portions until the mixture is used up. Serve the pancakes garnished with thyme.
Tip: A yogurt dip with herbs goes well with the Zuchhini buffers.
Grow zucchini yourself
Every zucchini plant needs one square meter of space, a sunny, but also a partially shaded location is sufficient. From May onwards you can sow directly or you can plant young plants. The annual zucchini are heavy eaters, it is best to provide them with plenty of compost when planting and fertilize twice in the course of the summer. Watering every day is important. Harvest the stalked fruits when they are about six to eight inches long.